Powered by WebRing.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

New Addition

In February I gave birth to a baby boy (Erik Alexander). This is the first infant that Colt has ever been introduced to. The first day he met Erik he held his ears against his head and his nose was sniffing overtime. After smelling Erik from head to toe, he put his ears up and gave the kid a lick on the face. Only thing is Colt's tounge is as big as Erik's head so his entire face got wet. Erik didn't even cry... just looked at Colt trying to figure out what he was. Colt has been Erik's protector since then. If Erik cries, Colt comes and gets us. If I tell him it's ok... he will go and get Mike since evidentally I don't listen well enough. One night when it was time for Erik's bottle, and Erik was voicing his desire for one quite loudly, Colt standing next to Erik turned and looked at me in the Kitchen and barked at me. Now it wasn't his outdoor bark, but a nice gentle indoor bark that was ment to get my attention. I looked at my husband (who had Erik) in the living room and said I think I just got told to hurry up by my dog. Colt must have figured I didn't hear him the first time so he walked up to the kitchen doorway, barked at me again, looked at Erik and then back at me. I told him I was getting the bottle and would bring it when it was done. Colt shook his head (where is the camera when you need it?) went back into the living room and waited for me to bring the bottle. Once Erik had the bottle and was quiet, Colt layed down and played with his toys. He is a really smart dog. When they say that Shilohs have a lot of intelligence they are telling the truth! I've attached a couple pics of Colt following my husband around... he has to make sure Erik has been taken care of correctly. Enjoy.
Colt making sure the diaper is done correctly.
Colt making sure we use the car seat correctly.
Colt automatically rolled over when Mike bent down to show him Erik.
Colt relaxing after Erik has been taken care of.